Saturday 5 April 2014

JAPANESE MAPLE - ACER SHIRASAWANUM JORDAN

Now then here is a right beauty! No its leaves are not white, or variegated, or light pink or shrimp pink and nor do they have red or orange tips to them! Nor is its bark red in colour or like that of paper!

However what this is is a fantastic shade of green with stunningly shaped leaves and a great shape overall! This one you will see in the video below has produced flowers this year!

A word of warning that this particular maple is a very big one! Once again it gets big if you let it! Also this was another one that was not only in a bad state but was in a very bad state indeed when I got it and I was not entirely convinced that it would last until spring! I have had this one three years now.

Right now I always get confused with this species and japonicum as they have the word Moon in their common names. I always think of this one as the Full Moon Maple due to its less dissected leaves and the japonicum as the Half Moon Maple. But I think it might be the other way around? Lol!





A video of my Acer shirasawanum Jordan ..


No comments:

Post a Comment