Saturday 13 July 2013

ACER PALMATUM PINK PASSION ARRIVES

Well it arrived and here are the pictures. Bad light and I will wait for a bit of growth and get better ones.

AS I suspected it is another version of my Shirazz, though I tried to explain this to my mother and she kept saying it was not the same so I had to dig up posts on here with pink leaves, as it is now green through lack of sunlight, before she realised that they are very similar?! Groan!

Never taken on my word no matter what it is or what it is about no matter how many times it turns out I was correct, lol.

So what the difference is between this and my Shirazz I do not know right now. Sometimes I think that this one is darker than my tall Shirazz but I am then sure I remember time when the Shirazz was as dark as this, lol. I am hoping it is different obviously and I have always tried very hard not to get two that are too similar, like Katsura and Orange Dream for instance, lol.

Very spidery and awkward in its look and shape just like the Shirazz. It has a quite funny and unique shape among maples and the branches long as if the meander all over the place like a mountain river?! This can make them look a bit messy in shape but my tall one has a good shape and I have been working on how to get a really pleasing shape out of it and I seem to be doing rather well. My Shirasawanum has a great shape too.

Some of the different Butterfly types that are pink can look very similar like Kagiri Nishiki, Ben Shichihenge and there is Kaori Nishiki I was after (thought that the Kagiri Nishiki was Kaori...oh do not get me started lol). Now Kaori Nishiki looked amazing in pictures I saw of it but might have just been a perfect specimen in good colour and both Beni Schichihenge and Kagiri Nishiki could look exactly the same in the right conditions?

I am saying that sometimes the difference between types can be extremely minimal and you would be hard pushed to tell the difference. Sometimes it is down to the slightest of shades but as the colour on some can alter depending on the amount of light....oooh OK a crap Spring then like we just had in the UK, then it becomes tricky. If your looking at the photo of one you want but its growing on a mountain slope in perfect conditions then yes it could end up looking like something you already have.

I was told that, and seems to be the case, that between Katsura and Orange Dream there is a difference in the colour of the stem. Orange Dream is totally green and Katsura green and some brown. Even though I did note this difference I cannot remember the size of the plants I checked it out on but I dare say it may well be only at a certain size.

Coral Bark Maples have bright red branches but after a couple of years when the branches get thicker they do not stay red and end up brown?! Unfortunately!









No comments:

Post a Comment