Monday 3 June 2013

ACER SHIRASAWANUM AND DEALING WITH APHIDS

Oddly this was so sensitive when I bought it and yes it was a mess.

The following year it was attacked my aphids and biy did it complain about that too!

But the last year and this year it is going nuts.

Annoyingly aphids may or may NOT be a problem as they seem to make a beeline for particular maples and yet not touch the ones next to it?!

This is one they like but I am very careful about spraying Maples leaves with anything and for the love of God do not buy aphid killer from the 99p store and spray it on these guys!

I use Bug Clear for flowers and I mix it with rain water, this way I know what is in it and it works a treat. I also use Fungus Clear by the same manufacturer too and have done a couple of years now and would not use anything else.

I have used Fungus Clear to treat the MOULDY Acers I ended up buying and for Black-Spot on Roses.

Again these are only mixed with rain water.



No comments:

Post a Comment