Monday 13 May 2013

ACER PALMATUM - TSUMA GAKI (Painted Fingernails)

Well I have been threatening to start another blog and this one was always going to be a favourite!

My collection of Japanese Maples of different varieties and amazing colours and one day hope to have my own small forest of dazzling colour to walk through.

Many people have difficulties with these trees purely because and like Orchids there are a few simple rules you just need to adhere to. That I will get around to in my next few posts but for now...

TSUMA GAKI (translated means Painted Fingernails)

A little sensitive and tricky. Large leaves that are a beautiful jade green and quite large and tipped with red.

These are photos recently taken and the green will darken somewhat and have indeed done so already.

My one is about two to three feet tall. Was a bit neglected last year as were all my Maples due to things I could not avoid and took up a great deal of my time.

I will probably pick up a few more varieties this year which I have not done for a couple of years and I have over 20 of them currently.




No comments:

Post a Comment